We, at London City Guitars & Amps, care about your privacy and we are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the information we collect about you. Only the most necessary data is collected and stored only as long as we have reason to keep it. We aim for total transparency on how and why we gather, use and share (if we do so) your personal information.
Which Personal Information Do We Collect?
When you visit the Site, like most online service providers, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”. Here more info about this:
Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Site.
Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Site. We also collect information about what happens when you use our Site (like page views, support document searches at londoncity-guitars.com and other parts of our Site) along with information about your device (like screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to get to know you better and find out how to improve our Site for you. We get back to this later.
Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Site from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your precise location via our mobile apps if you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system’s permissions.
Why We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with us, which helps us improve our Site and make it easier to use;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Site, protect the security of our Site, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of London City Guitars & Amps and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Site;
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information and never will. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Parties: We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. We also use a Security Plugin. When Local Brute Force Protection, 404 Detection, Banned Users as well as White List and Black List are activated, IP addresses are stored in WordPress database (or alternatively in a log file). What’s more, when Network Brute Force Detection is activated, IP addresses are sent to iThemes’ servers to check against their spammer database. Unfortunately, IP logging can’t be deactivated and IPs can’t be anonymized. IPs can only be prevented from being logged by deactivated said functions (or leaving blank said field) and/or processing these IP addresses on grounds of legitimate interest. With the current version logs can only be emptied by manually deleting log files or database entries.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of London City Guitars & Amps, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Site.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Publishing will not include any personal information about you.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is… public. That means, of course, that information like your posts and other content that you make public on our Site, are all available to others! Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it like described in the section above and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to the Site, such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for approximately 180 days. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyze traffic to londoncity-guitars.com and investigate issues if something went wrong on our Site.
While no online service or site can guarantee 100% security, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Site for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, London City Guitars & Amps does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Site. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using londoncity-guitars.com, with the drawback that certain features of the Site may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Opt-Out of Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Additionally, please note that your information could be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that: (1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under any agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device; or (2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or (3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or (4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information for example, to provide and update our services, to improve our services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Site, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Site, and to personalize your experience; or (5) You have given us your consent for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on, as described.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.